Our founder, Sheila Murphy has recently given advice in three articles on personal and career development. In all of these articles, Sheila focuses on authenticity and the skills necessary to have the fulfilling and successful career that you want. To read these articles click below.
- Showcasing your Skills: Six Leaders Share What it Takes to Get Noticed. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/showcasing-your-skills-six-leaders-share-what-takes-get-breakenridge/
- Climbing the Ladder to Success: Five Thought Leaders Weigh in with Advice. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/climbing-ladder-success-five-thought-leaders-weigh-in-breakenridge/
- In a Fast-Paced, High-Tech Noisy World How Do You Stay True to your Brand? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fast-paced-high-tech-noisy-world-how-do-you-stay-true-breakenridge/
- Sheila Murphy to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award from Corporate Counsel and Inside Counsel
Sheila Murphy who has, for over 20 years, helped women achieve success in the legal profession, is being recognized at the 2019 Women, Influence & Power in Law Conference in Washington DC in October, where she will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award for her commitment to advancing and empowering women in the legal profession.
Despite the name of the award, Sheila is deeply committed to continuing her work to help women and others advance with Focus Forward Consulting.
- Women Worldwide Interviews Sheila Murphy
Sheila Murphy was recently interviewed on Women Worldwide. Sheila talks about her passion for helping people succeed in the business of law, especially women. Sheila also discusses reaching your full potential and career success. Sheila offers practical advice and guidance on how to build an fulfilling career and covers various topics, such as networking, sponsorship, and getting out of your comfort zone. To listen or watch click here.
- Refreshing, Renewing and Reinventing Yourself
On July 11th, at Littler’s San Francisco office, Sheila Murphy spoke at a Bubbles, Bites, and Bits of Wisdom event on refreshing, renewing & reinventing yourself. She discussed that in a world where the speed of business and life is ever-increasing and technology is creating and eliminating job functions, it is more important than ever that we continually refresh, renew and reinvent ourselves. The push and pulls of our daily work and personal lives make it more difficult to take the time necessary to invest in yourself so you survive and thrive. Sheila stated that to flourish, we must take a pause and think about where we are, where we want to go and how to get there. She emphasized the need to believe that we are worth it and give ourselves permission to devote time and other resources to find our next path. By investing in yourself, you will help yourself remain marketable and achieve success and happiness. Sheila gave pragmatic advice on how to ready yourself for your next step, including having the right network.
- Keynote Speaker